Year 6 Tutoring
“Today’s preparation determines tomorrow’s success.”
North Shore Coaching College delivers proven Year 6 tutoring programs to primary school students in Australia.
Our great Year 6 program synergises between literacy and numeracy foundations. We also foster a student’s capacity to approach their studies independently.
At North Shore, we support our students as they take risks with their learning, such as:
- Using literacy techniques, such as using new forms of personification to express a story, or exploring ways they can use synonymous words to express an idea
- Attempting Year 7 level mathematics
A philosophy we instil in our students is you have to be willing to make a mistake if you’re going to learn, which helps this age group develop confidence. This is particularly helpful for Year 6 students preparing for external high stakes examinations such as selective high school placement test, entry to gifted and talented classes, scholarships, private school entry and other exams specific to each state such as selective high school placement test, IGNITE, GATE.
What is taught in North Shore’s Year 6 Tuition Programs?
Our programs are designed to be an advanced version of the current Year 6 syllabus in each state. We re-iterate and build upon all core concepts. Examples include:
- Maths – Advanced problem solving skills, direct and inverse proportion, converting fractions to decimals to percentages
- English – Advanced literary techniques, employing idiomatic and colloquial language for descriptive effect, analysing advanced grammatical structures
- Writing – Develop creative and effective similes, metaphors and onomatopoeia
We encourage parents to contact us if they would like further specific information about our courses.