We are delighted to launch the North Shore Coaching College Foundation in Memory of Mrs Demi Mak. In addition to delivering high quality, affordable educational services to over 65 campuses in Australia and Hong Kong, we are proud to further support our community through our charitable activities. Mrs Demi Mak, our Founder, was a generous and humble lady, a capable businesswoman and a fearless leader, who supported worthy causes throughout her life. It is fitting that investment income from the funds in the Foundation will be donated to support charitable works in a way that Mrs Mak would have supported.
The Foundation continues Mrs Mak’s philanthropic legacy, generous heart and desire to make a difference in the education space. Mrs Demi Mak was a visionary who started the North Shore Coaching College business in 1991 together with husband, Andy Mak, from humble beginnings in Chatswood, New South Wales in Australia. The business has grown to over 65 campuses in Australia and Hong Kong, delivering “Tuition that Works!” to assist students and parents from all walks of life.
Mrs Mak supported a variety of organisations to make a difference and bring happiness to human lives.
Mrs Mak is remembered by her family, friends and staff, as an ambitious and elegant lady with a generous heart who brought people together to enjoy life.
Some of the charities the Foundation has supported to date include:
- CanRevive Foundation – supporting the provision of direct support and counselling services to cancer patients and their families;
- St Edmund’s College – supporting the education and wellbeing of students with disabilities via a Bursary;
- Jesuit Mission – supporting the scholarship program at Xavier Jesuit School in Cambodia to bring education to children and youth from disadvantaged communities and households;
- Caritas Australia – supporting the Sustaining Education Program for Burmese refugees in Mae Hong Son Province in Thailand and Kayah State in Myanmar to provide access to quality education;
- Breast Cancer Trials – supporting clinical trials research to identify new, effective and well-tolerated treatments to save and improve lives and to prevent breast cancer for those at the highest risk.
Mr Anson Mak
National Managing Director
North Shore Coaching College