North Shore Coaching College (“NSCC”) 2021 ICAS Assessments™
Terms & Conditions
NSCC reserves the right to amend these terms at any time. Amendments will be posted online and it is your responsibility to check for updates to these terms.
1. Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. Registration to sit ICAS Assessments™ at NSCC must be completed online, and is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once a session has reached maximum capacity, it is at NSCC’s discretion whether additional sessions will be opened.
3. If NSCC is unable to deliver an Assessment due to reasons within NSCC’s reasonable control, NSCC will transfer students to another session or, in NSCC’s discretion, shall provide a full refund of all fees paid.
4. Students that purchase the incorrect paper level and who wish to amend their initial online order can email NSCC at [email protected]. NSCC cannot guarantee that any request will be accepted.
5. ICAS Assessments™ are all online assessments.
6. Students are required to bring their own device to sit the ICAS Assessments™. Acceptable device includes any:
- Android tablets;
- iPad (except iPad Mini); and
- Chromebooks (Chromebooks must be running as Managed Devices in Kiosk mode for assessments requiring the locked-down browser application i.e. Spelling Bee and Writing).
Note: An external keyboard or mouse is not necessary for students using a tablet.
With an internet browser supported by the ICAS Provider’s recommendations in order of preference (with compatible OS):
- Chrome 28+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX, Chrome OS)
- Firefox 20+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX)
- Internet Explorer 11+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX)
- Safari 6+ (Mac OSX)
7. Students need to bring their own compatible device to complete the ICAS Assessments™ online and NSCC will not be responsible if a student is unable to sit the ICAS Assessments™ due to not having their own compatible device.
8. Mobile phones/Smartphones are NOT compatible devices.
9. Students must ensure the device being used for the ICAS Assessments™ is compatible with the ICAS Provider’s technical requirements. To view the ICAS Provider’s Online Assessment Platform Technical Requirements, please visit: https://www.icasassessments.com/support-technical-requirements
10. Students must ensure the device being used for the ICAS Assessments™ passes all requirements of the ICAS Provider’s Technical Readiness test prior to arriving for the assessment at their registered NSCC venue. To view the ICAS Provider’s Technical Readiness test, please visit: https://www.icasassessments.com/support-technical-readiness Mobile phones/Smartphones do NOT meet the minimum requirements.
11. Students must check carefully to ensure that the device is functional prior to sitting the ICAS Assessments™, as NSCC will not be supplying devices, and will not be responsible if the student is unable to undertake the ICAS Assessments™ due to device failure.
12. Students sitting the Writing and Spelling Bee assessments online must ensure that the latest version of the locked-down browser app, Janison Replay, is installed, which is downloadable from: https://www.icasassessments.com/support-locked-down-browser
13. ICAS Assessments™ registration is open to all Australian students who will not be sitting the relevant ICAS subject at their school.
14. ICAS Assessments™ registration closing dates will be advised on our website. No registrations will be accepted after the registration closing date.
15.ICAS Assessments™ subjects will vary for each State and Territory:
- NSW, VIC, WA, SA and ACT will offer ALL ICAS Assessments™.
- QLD will offer ALL ICAS Assessments™ with the exception of Spelling Bee.
16. All students will receive certificates of achievement.
17. The highest performing students will have an opportunity to win medals; subject to determination by ICAS Provider; Janison Solutions Pty Ltd (Janison). Students will not be eligible for a medal if the school the student attends is participating in the enrolled subject.
18. Janison owns all the copyright in the ICAS Assessments™. Tests must not be reproduced, published or communicated without the permission of the relevant intellectual Property Rights holder.
19. Students may only register for the year level/school grade in which they are currently enrolled at school.
20. Students may only register for the ICAS Assessments™ subjects which they will NOT be sitting at school.
21. Students are advised to arrive at least 15 minutes before the specified starting time to ensure they have sufficient time to set up their device for the online assessment pack down and administration; for example, if your child is sitting the Year 6 Digital Technologies paper at 4:30pm, students are advised to arrive by 4:15pm and parents are advised to collect their child at about 5:35pm.
Privacy Collection Statement
To analyse your child’s progress effectively, our school conducts an ongoing assessment program. The assessment we are using is a product of our partner, Janison. In order to deliver the assessment, NSCC and Janison (through our school) collect your child’s personal information, such as their name, date of birth, year level and school results when you register your child to sit an assessment in the program. You must ensure that this information is accurate and current. Janison also stores, uses and modifies the personal Information in order to generate reports, conduct research and analysis, and improve its products and services. Janison may disclose that information to third parties that help us deliver our services (including information technology suppliers, communication suppliers and our business partners) or as required by law. We may also disclose your personal information to recipients that are located outside of Australia.
If you do not provide your child’s personal information to us or Janison, we may not be able to deliver the assessment to your child.
If you wish to access or correct your child’s personal information or to make a complaint about how we have handled your child’s personal information, please contact the school on Privacy Manager at [email protected] or by writing to Privacy Manager, North Shore Coaching College, PO Box 22 Chatswood NSW 2067, telephone: (02) 94151860, or Janison’s Privacy Officer, email [email protected] or by telephone: 1300 857 687 or by writing to Legal and Compliance Team, Janison Solutions Pty Ltd, 80 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW 2007.