[NSW] How is North Shore Addressing Changes to the 2021 Selective High School Placement Test Format?
- All Year 6 students will receive information bulletins covering the changes to the Writing, Reading, Mathematical Reasoning and Thinking Skills papers. Besides explanations of the new styles of questions, students are also provided with sample questions and answers.
- These bulletins will be issued in Weeks 1 and 2 of Term 1.
- New test questions in the Year 6 Exam Preparation Program that directly reflect changes in the Thinking Skills paper.
- New writing tasks commencing Week 2 in the Year 6 Exam Preparation Program that directly reflect changes in the Writing paper.
- New ‘Thinking Skills’ pages in the Fastrain & High Achiever weekly workbooks for Years 5 and 6. This will commence in Term 1 Week 1 and will continue through to Term 4 Week 10.
- New writing tasks in the Writing for Exam Success Program for Year 6. The new tasks reflect the change in the focus for the 2021 Selective High School Placement Test Writing paper.
- Other fine tuning in our teaching materials
- Revised: Writing tasks, English, Mathematical Reasoning, and Thinking Skills activities for Years 3 to 6 to ensure skills development is in line with requirements for new OC Test and Selective High School Placement Test.
- Revised Holiday Programs for Years 3 to 6 to ensure content & skills development is in line with real and anticipated changes to 2021 OC Test and Selective High School Placement Test.