NSW Opportunity Classes ~ Minimum Entry Scores 2020
Congratulations to all the students who sat the 2019 OC test! Whether you got into an Opportunity Class or not, we hope it has been a useful learning experience. For students planning to sit the placement test in the coming years, please see our full OC blog post for more information.
There were 75 opportunity classes offering placement in Year 5 for entry in 2020.
Number of vacancies: 1,740
Number of applicants: 12,344
Acceptance Rate: 14.1% (number of vacancies ÷ number of applicants)
The table below shows the minimum entry scores (‘cut-off scores’) for last year’s Opportunity Class placement (Year 5 2020).
- These scores are expressed as whole numbers. The exact entry score of the last person placed at each school is normally calculated to a number of decimal places. If the minimum entry score is 224.39 there will be students below that score (for example 224.19) who will be unsuccessful.
- The minimum entry score for an Opportunity Class is the score of the lowest scoring student to accept a place there. Minimum entry scores vary from school to school and from year to year.
- The reserve lists for all Opportunity Classes remain active for the whole of Year 5 and at least the end of Term 1 in Year 6. Should vacancies arise after all vacancies have been filled offers continue to be made in the strict order of the reserve list.
- The minimum entry OC score is determined by the geographical location of the schools and the academic merit of the students applying for entry. Where parents decline offers after the school term begins, it may become necessary to go much further down a reserve list than may have happened in previous years.
- The minimum entry OC score is not an indicator of the relative performance of the primary schools with opportunity classes.
- Parents should not use minimum entry scores as the only criterion on which to base their choice of opportunity classes. They should also consider factors such as the curriculum offered at each school and travelling times and transport.
- For further information about applying for placement in an opportunity class in Year 5, visit the NSW Department of Education website.
Cut-Off OC Score (2020)
|Beecroft Public School||251|
|North Rocks Public School||243|
|Ermington Public School||239|
|Matthew Pearce Public School||239|
|Summer Hill Public School||238|
|Waitara Public School||237|
|Chatswood Public School||233|
|Artarmon Public School||232|
|Dural Public School||232|
|Ryde Public School||230|
|Ironbark Ridge Public School||229|
|Ashfield Public School||226|
|Greystanes Public School||226|
|Quakers Hill Public School||224|
|Georges Hall Public School||222|
|Neutral Bay Public School||222|
|Hurstville Public School||221|
|Holsworthy Public School||220|
|Woollahra Public School||219|
|Blacktown South Public School||218|
|Picnic Point Public School||217|
|Balmain Public School||214|
|Newbridge Heights Public School||213|
|Earlwood Public School||212|
|Balgowlah Heights Public School||211|
|Leumeah Public School||211|
|Sutherland Public School||211|
|Wilkins Public School||211|
|Caringbah North Public School||208|
|Wollongong Public School||208|
|Mona Vale Public School||207|
|Blaxcell Street Public School||205|
|Casula Public School||205|
|Harrington Street Public School||204|
|Smithfield Public School||204|
|New Lambton South Public School||203|
|Alexandria Park Community School||202|
|St Johns Park Public School||201|
|Greenacre Public School||200|
|Gosford Public School||197|
|St Andrews Public School||194|
|Kingswood Public School||190|
|Bradbury Public School||187|
|Camden South Public School||186|
|Colyton Public School||185|
|Tighes Hill Public School||185|
|Glenbrook Public School||184|
|Rutherford Public School||177|
|Soldiers Point Public School||176|
|Tamworth Public School||176|
|Jewells Primary School||172|
|Armidale City Public School||171|
|Maryland Public School||170|
|Richmond Public School||170|
|Queanbeyan South Public School||168|
|Wyong Public School||166|
|Wentworth Falls Public School||165|
|Cessnock West Public School||164|
|Sturt Public School||164|
|Coonabarabran Public School||163|
|Cudgegong Valley Public School||163|
|Biraban Public School||162|
|Goulburn West Public School||162|
|Moree Public School||162|
|Toormina Public School||162|
|Alstonville Public School||161|
|Dubbo West Public School||161|
|Illaroo Road Public School||161|
|Lithgow Public School||161|
|South Grafton Public School||161|
|Tahmoor Public School||161|
|Tamworth South Public School||161|
|Bathurst West Public School||160|
|Goonellabah Public School||160|
|Port Macquarie Public School||160|
To view the 2019 OC cut-off scores, click here.